Proposals are sought for artwork for a privately-owned property located at 230 Main Street, on the wall of New Mornings Natural Foods, which will be called the 230 Main Mural, in downtown Biddeford. This Request for Proposals is being coordinated by the Biddeford Public Art Committee (BPAC), a committee of Engine. Funding is provided by the Bangor Foundation.
The existing mural by Alex Kaminsky and Pete Vitello has enlivened the wall for almost a decade. Adjacent property owners would like to see a new concept for the wall.
The timeline includes dates for the following milestones, as they apply:
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019 by 11:59pm: Applications deadline. No late entries will be accepted, sorry!
- May 3, 2019: Announcement of 3 finalists.
- May 6-May 10, 2019: People’s Choice Voting
- May 14, 2019: Awardee notification and Announcement
- July 15, 2019: Target unveil date
2019 members of the BPAC are selected from the community and include Ashley Zipp, Cat Dussault, Ron Gobeil. Permanent seats include one member of the Heart of Biddeford, Historic Preservation Commission, and Downtown Development Commission. BPAC is chaired by Engine.