Tuesday, April 10 at 6:00 p.m. Engine presents the “Documentary in a Day” projects by students of the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies. Each documentary project is based on Biddeford and combines photography with audio recordings. The free event will be held at Engine, 265 Main Street, Biddeford. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-3560.
01. Claire Jeffers and Dana Crawford There’s Something Here: Haunts at the City Theatre
In 1904, opera singer Eva Gray died suddenly while performing in Biddeford’s City Theater. Does her ghost still haunt the stage?
02. Michelle Gerster and Sydney Leonard Picturing Tudie
A Vietnam veteran finds that caring for his terminally ill wife is the best cure for coping with his own PTSD.
03. Muffy Brandt, Diane Sternberg and Nadia Wilson Every Great Man
Biddeford isn’t exactly a thriving metropolis, but that doesn’t stop Dan DuCharme from dreaming big. Drawing inspiration from famous biographies, he takes a leap of faith and opens a second business.
04. Ligaiya Romero and Robert Smith Saco’s Soulmates
Red and Lorraine Soucy were born on the same block and fell in love as teenagers in Saco. Separated only by World War II, the two soul mates have been married for the past 66 years.
05. Damian Biniek and Adriana Widdoes, Here on Earth
Church organist Hélène Fortier finds inspiration from a man in the past.
06. Laura Candler and Ellen Sherwood Freda’s Table
Barbara McAllister comes from a family of Greek immigrants in Saco, Maine and has found a way to spend her Saturdays doing something that connects her to the people in her community and honors her rich family history.
07. Alexander Kreher and Amy Miller Time For Faith
Donald Lessard, father of ten and Biddeford resident, has dedicated his life to helping those less fortunate and sharing the message of his faith.
08. Jessica Pierce and Ryan Noyes A Golden Life
Saco’s one of a kind waitress offers a view from behind the counter.
09. Colleen Vasu and Nancy Forsell A Rock Solid Passion
Finding a quartz crystal in his childhood lead to Jerry Poirier’s lifelong passion for rocks and minerals, and ultimately, his work.
10. Luke Streckfuss and Masumi Hayashi-Smith I Like It Here
No matter how many times he’s away, Brenden Shea always comes back to his home, Biddeford, ME.