Looking for an individual who wants to work with Engine, a nonprofit art space startup that wants to expand its events to include more music, theater, talks, etc. This independent contractor position compensation is based on success of promotions.
Reporting to the Executive Director, event coordinator is responsible for developing, organizing, planning, booking, and coordinating events for Engine. The breadth of events may range from gatherings such as private events, company parties, performing arts, community events (dances, etc.) that contributes to the community development mission of Engine while preserving its values. Candidates must possess business development, creativity, organization, and negotiation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Tasks for event coordinator job includes:
- Meeting with clients to determine event details
- Manage event budget
- Booking artists/acts or coordinating with renting parties
- Providing artist contracts
- Manage event marketing
- Overseeing an event while it’s in progress
- Develop and maintain lead database
- Those who excel at these aspects of the job may seek promotion to an events manager job
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in tourism, hotel, or hospitality management, or in marketing, or sales
- Self-starter, with strong organizational, project management, and communication skills
- Strong writing skills and social media skills are a must.
- 2 years experience with fundraising events, and marketing practices.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends to manage event execution
Compensation: 50% of net event revenues
Engine is a public interest non-profit founded in 2010 to foster and integrate the arts and design, education, and sustainable creative entrepreneurialism as an explicit community value and civic priority in Biddeford.
To apply: Send cover letter and past experience to email@example.com