Join our 4th Annual RUMPUS 2016, an egalitarian art show! Anyone can participate, professional artist or not, young or old. RUMPUS 2016 will open from 5-7pm on Saturday, February 13 at Engine, 128 Main Street and run through 4pm on Saturday, March 19.
Engine executive director Tammy Ackerman says, “RUMPUS has been a great success the first two years with a ton of participation. It’s one of my favorite shows because you never know what is going to show up at your door and it’s great to see professional artists alongside aspiring artists, and kids.” The first RUMPUS was held in 2013.
- 2D work dimensions, no dimension to exceed 100 inches
- 3D work footprint dimensions not to exceed 36 inches diameter
- One piece per artist
- Work must have been created within the last two years
- All works must be dropped off ready to hang / display, with all accompanying hardware provided. Hanging mechanisms must be secure and attached and ready to go.
- Selected work will be hung in Engine’s front window displays and will be chosen by Engine staff.
- All works must be dropped off and picked up at designated times.
- Artists grant Engine permission to use images of the work to promote the exhibition.
- Engine will retain a commission of 30% of the retail price of any work sold. All artwork sold will remain on view through the end of the exhibition.
- Engine will pay artist fees from sales within 30 days of the end of the exhibition.
All work must be accompanied by the RUMPUS 2016 ArtWork Intake form, which can be filled out in advance or at the time of drop off.
Drop off times/dates:
Tuesday February 2 thru Friday February 5: 1pm-6pm
Saturday February 6: 11am-4pm
Pick up times/dates:
Saturday March 19: 4pm-5pm
Tuesday March 22 thru Thursday March 24: 10am-6pm
Saturday March 26: 10am-4pm
We do reserve the right to decline work that does not meet our standards of ethics of subject matter or that isn’t properly constructed/mounted to be hung.
For more information on RUMPUS 2016, contact: Engine executive director Tammy Ackerman at either email@example.com or 207-370-9130.
Regular hours: Tuesday – Friday 1pm-6pm and Saturday 11am-4pm